Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

I have a passion for Junk Style design. You may ask what is Junk Style design; well I define it as using anything and everything especially if it has had a long life! I love to take an idea, an object that has special meaning, a favorite color and run with it. There are no hard and fast rules as to what you can and can't do, it’s about what you love. I love to scour flea markets, swap meets, thrift stores, antiques stores, garage sales, roadside sales and the sides of the road!!

I have been decorating in this style since I was first married, our first furniture was free wood fruit crates that we constructed an entertainment center out of (we still have the crates in my husbands shop as shelving and display boxes), as we could not afford much back then. I fell in love with repurposing and reusing out of necessity and have refined my craft to an art form that I love and would love to share with others.

I promised myself that in the second half of my life I would do what I love, well I am there and I am in the beginning stages of starting my own Junk Style design business.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow,wow and wow!! Congratulations on doing what all of us have been talking about doing for years. We wish you tons of success and don't see how you can miss. We were happy to see a photo of "our" bedroom on your site. You know we always say there's no better B & B on the Central Coast than the Owen House in Nipomo!
    Beautiful photos! Did you take them?
    Talk to you soon. Diane and Gary

    ReplyDelete