Monday, October 26, 2009

Jalama Beach

This past Saturday Doug and I took a drive to Jalama Beach (about an hour south) to have lunch with our friends who are there for a week camping. After many years of camping with our boys, started in a tent; ended in a camper, I am officially retired. As Doug states; my idea of camping is a hotel without room service! We took our ’55 Chevy since it was such a beautiful day. I was hoping we would stumble upon a flea/swap meet, yard sale and/or a roadside sale in our travels. I make Doug a little apprehensive of what I may find after our Harley trip to Beatty, NV! About 8 years ago I found a red metal headboard and footboard at a roadside sale that I could not live without! He told me if I could find a way to get them home, go for it! Well, of course I did, we met a couple who had “trailered” their bike and lived about 20 miles from us. The red metal headboard and footboard look awesome in my 1940’s inspired “cherry” guest bedroom!!

After we devoured, and thoroughly enjoyed, our Jalama burgers we chatted and visited with our friends, who by the way scored the best campsite in the park! Gazing at and listening to the ocean “speak” to me is an emotion I can’t quite describe; it is so vast and loud yet it has such a calming and peaceful effect on me. It certainly rejuvenates me and reminds me who is in charge and to take note!! Although I didn’t find any “junking” treasures, I saw a small rustic old barn with a tin roof I would love to have (Doug was so glad it was not even remotely “for sale”), I did come across one priceless treasure, an afternoon with my husband. We rolled the windows down, chatted and relished in the sights, sound and scent that so remind us why we love living on the Central Coast and how much fun we still have, after all these years, being married to our “best friend.”

On our way home I envisioned a new card line, beachscapes!! The wheels keep turning…

No comments:

Post a Comment