Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good Bye 2009; Welcome 2010

Another year gone by, as I reflect on 2009 I am relieved as it was not the kindest year! With a new year comes hope for a prosperous new year, out with the old; in with the new; a rebirth of sorts, etc. As December approaches each year I am so excited to decorate for Christmas and love getting into the Christmas spirit. I so look forward to watching (one of these years I will watch them all!) my vast collection of Christmas movies, baking, our annual Christmas Cocktail Party, spending time with our family and friends and the “magical” emotion that stirs me every time I hear a bell “jingle.” As I was undecorating this past weekend (telling myself, as I do every year, next Christmas I am going scale it down) I felt an emptiness that comes every year as I pack it all up. I reminisce and relish in the memories of past Christmas’ when our sons were young to now celebrating with grandchildren; the thought of Christmas' to come always warms my heart. As I packed the crates and Doug made many trips up the attic ladder our house began to look like our home again. We have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years and I do admit it; I am a shopaholic and love Christmas!! I have crates that I don’t even dare open to see what is inside anymore! Oh the temptation; I am ready for our sons and daughter-in-laws to come “shopping” for some of the boys’ Christmas treasures to add to their collections.

As I look forward to 2010 I have a bounce in my step and a zest for making this one of the best years yet! Here are a few photos of the Owen home decorated for Christmas this past year, I guess I am having a hard time letting go of this one, it is full of wonderful memories; I didn’t want it to end! I took a break from Facebook over the holidays and enjoyed spending quality time with my family and friends, I hope to get back to writing and sharing on my blog every week as I have discovered I love it!! This is my New Year's resolution!

Happy New Year and may 2010 be an awesome year for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment