Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain, Rain and More Rain

This week has convinced me I certainly am not a “pioneer” woman, nor do I want to be one, and it is only Wednesday! I like hot coffee, lights, heat, etc. I love electricity. Monday was a holiday for me and I was so excited to spend the day on my computer catching up and finishing some projects I had started and sure enough the power went out at about 11:30 am! I had just got out of the shower and thought at least my timing was pretty good, so I got dressed, made some lunch and figured it should be coming back on soon surely, the sun was now out! Well, not so. Since the sun was out I ventured out in my “beautiful and trendy (not)” rubber boots and cut my roses back and trimmed the geraniums/trailing geraniums that thought Spring had arrived a week or two ago. Normally we have beautiful weather this time of year with rain here and there, not the torrential downpours we have been experiencing! The ground was saturated as was everything else and I didn’t intend to do as much as I ended up doing. So needless to say I was not wearing gloves and I got stung by a bee! Who would of thought…I don’t know which one of us was more surprised; me or the bee…except I survived our encounter! I thought surely by now the power had to be restored; but still no power. The sun was about gone by this time so I got the flashlights and candles ready and thought this is not fun anymore! Doug headed home about 6:00ish and called to see if we had power yet as he, of course, was wondering if he was going to have dinner!

Just after his phone call the power came back on; what a relief! We are getting hit by some pretty bad storms with thunder; lightning and gusty winds so we may have more power outages this week! I can’t wait for our beautiful, awesome and wonderful weather to return, I am such a fair weather gal! I will be so appreciative from now on and not complain when it’s only a foggy day…it beats rain any day in my book! So I guess the moral of my story is; when I wish that I would have absolutely nothing to do I really want that “nothing” to be on my terms with electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment